A laparoscope is like a thin telescope with a light source. It is used to light up and magnify the structures inside the abdomen. A laparoscope is passed into the abdomen through a small cut (incision) in the skin.
Laparoscopic Surgery Benefits
- Smaller surgical scars
- Reduced blood loss during surgery
- Less pain following surgery
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster return to normal activity
- Reduced risk of infection.
Laparoscopic Surgery uses in various procedures
- Removal of the gallbladder.
- Treating ectopic pregnancy.
- Removal of the appendix.
- Female sterilization.
- Removal of patches of endometriosis.
- Removal of parts of the intestines.
- Taking a biopsy of various structures inside the abdomen.
Cost of Treatment
The cost of Laparoscopic surgery varies from $500 to $3000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.