Body modification or Body alteration or Body Implants is the deliberate altering of a person’s physical appearance including tattooing and piercing. It is done for beauty, religious beliefs, to create body art and as self-expression, among other reasons.
- Ear Piercing
- Scrotal Implants
- Teeth Blackening
- Microdermal Implants
- Pearling: Also known as genital beading
- Tattooing: Injection of a pigment under the skin
- Transdermal Implant: Implantation of an object below the dermis, but which exits the skin at one or more points.
- Body Piercing: Permanent placement of jewelry through an artificial fistula. sometimes further modified by stretching
- Neck Ring: Multiple neck rings or spiral are worn to stretch the neck. (In reality lowering of the shoulders)
- Surface Piercing: A piercing where the entrance and exit holes are pierced through the same flat area of skin
- Horn implants
- Scrotal implant
- Surface piercing
- Magnetic implants
- Subdermal implant
- Deep chest piercing
- Transdermal implant
- Clavicle or collarbone piercing
- Genital beading and genital ribs
- Flesh stapling, flesh plating and pocketing
The following surgical procedures are for change in body shape (body augmentation) are.
- Silicone Injection
- Breast Implants: Insertion of silicone bags filled with silicone gel or saline solution into the breasts to increase their size, or to restore a more normal appearance after surgery
- Subdermal Implant: Implantation of an object that resides entirely below the dermis, including horn implants. Body modification is placing an implant under the human skin for decorative purpose. Some may consider silicone injections and other substances such as types of the implants.