A breast lift, also known as Mastopexy, is a surgical procedure to uplift the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour.
A woman’s breasts often change over time, losing their youthful shape and firmness. These changes and loss of skin elasticity can result from pregnancy, breastfeeding, weight fluctuations, aging, gravity, or heredity. A breast lift can rejuvenate your figure with a breast profile that is youthful and uplifted. If you want your breast to look fuller, consider breast lift combined with a breast augmentation procedure. If you want your breasts to look small, combine breast lift and breast reduction procedure. You can also combine the breast lift with a nipple reduction procedure.
When to Consider a Breast Lift
- Breasts that are relatively small
- Breasts that are not equal in size.
- If the tissue surrounding the nipple or areola has become stretched.
- Nipples and areolas that point downward, especially they positioned below the breast crease.
- Breasts that are pendulous but adequate in size.
- If your surgeon thinks that breast implants alone are unlikely to achieve the contour you desire.
- Pregnancy, nursing, gravity, weight gain or loss, healthy aging, and heredity have taken a toll on the shape of your breasts, resulting in sagging.
- Breasts that appear different from each other; one breast may appear firm and well positioned while the other does not.
Cost of surgery
The cost for breast lift surgery ranges from $3000-$6500 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.