Earlobe repair surgery is a cosmetic procedure to correct ears stretched by tribal ear piercing or split earlobes torn when normal earrings rip. It may also be performed to minimize the appearance of keloid scars, which are benign growths that sometimes form on the edges of a pierced opening.
Why need Earlobe Repair?
- Patients prefer surgery to normalize the appearance of damaged earlobes.
- It can also be used to reconstruct the piercing tract for re-piercing. Most patients can re-pierce their ears within a few months of surgery.
- The patient suffers from keloid scars around the edges of your ears; earlobe repair can remove and re-contour the shape of your earlobes.
- The patient should possess with good health and have a positive outlook on life.
Your Earlobe Repair
- It takes 30 to 45 Mins for the procedure.
- The surgeon uses a local anesthetic to the treatment area.
- During the procedure, incisions will be made along the interior piercing tract to create “fresh” edges.
- The fresh edges of the earlobe will then be sutured together using little stitches. Scarring should be minimal.
Cost of Treatment
The cost of Earlobe Repair varies from $100 to $1000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another