Lip Reduction or cheiloplasty is a cosmetic procedure to reduces the size and volume of the upper and lower lips by removing the inner fat and tissue permanently. It shapes up the lips according to your requirements and proportionate to the face. Also, changes your lip size and makes you feel more comfortable with your appearance.
Lip Reduction surgery procedure may also be performed alone or in combination with other facial cosmetic plastic surgery procedures, such as chin augmentation, jaw augmentation or rhinoplasty.
The Surgeon uses local or general anesthesia for the surgery and makes an incision in the length of your lip inside your mouth and then removing a strip of skin from one or both lips, depending on the look you want to achieve. The surgeon will aim to enhance the mouth and lips area to complement your facial features, giving you a softened, natural mouth. It takes about an hour to complete.
Cost of Procedure
The cost of the lip reduction varies from $600 to $2500 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.
- No visible scar.
- It provides a beautiful natural lip line.
- Help get rid of asymmetric lips.
- It turns overly broad upper lip to slimmer and prettier.
- Offers a youthful and sensual look, while creating facial harmony
- The extra large upper lip is reduced to a great extent, and you can see the result immediately after the surgery.
- The results of the surgery are permanent.
- It needs at least three months to see the final outcomes of the procedure.
- Lips will remain swollen and painful for the first few weeks. You may also experience bruising during this period. But all these effects are temporary.
- There will be some tightness or stiffness in your lips, and it will last until the scar gets soft.
- Sleep, with two pillows at least for the first two weeks. It will keep your head lifted and promoted healing.