Hair Transplant is a surgical procedure that moves Hair Follicles from a part of the body and planting them in the recipient’s balding area. Hair transplantation can also be done to restore eyelashes, eyebrows, beard hair, chest hair, pubic hair, and to fill in scars caused by accident or surgery such as facelift and previous hair transplant.
Benefits of Hair Transplantation
- The Higher survival rate of hairs
- Healing of the donor area is quick
- Extraction marks are close to invisible
- Highly efficient and precise: speeds up extraction
- We can place up to 3000 to 5000 hairs in a single sitting
- No requirement of any medicines to maintain growth of hair
- Can shampoo or dye hair after transplantation
- Transplanted hairs can also be cut or trimmed regularly after growth
- Patented mechanized extractor with a tiny bunch of 0.5-0.8 mm diameter
- The hair planted starts growing after 2-3 months at the rate of ½ cm/month
- Transplanted / Restored hair roots behave in the same manner as the hair from the donor area
- Per SQ. Cm. Density placement is vital for a high-density result. AHI Implants about 60-70 hairs per SQ. Cm: the way ahead of conventional methods.
Hair Transplant Cost
The cost of Hair Transplant is dependent upon the number of follicles to implant. In General, the cost of 3000 Hair follicle transplant varies from $1500 to $4000 depending on other factors and one geographic area to another.
Techniques of Hair Transplant or Hair Restoration
Follicular unit extraction (FUE) or also known as Follicular Unit Separation & Extraction (FUSE) method or follicular transfer (FT), is a surgical procedure for obtaining follicular units. In FUE technique, individual follicular units are obtained from the patient’s scalp where the hairs are still present. With advancement in technology, FUE method has transformed itself into Advanced FUE. Advanced FUE has increased the possibility of obtaining hair follicles not only from the head, but also from the chest, legs, arms, abdomen, back, face and beard.
Advantages of the Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) Technique:
- Chest Hair Restoration or Hair Transplant
- Ideal for patients who wish to shave their heads
- Perfect for mustache, beard, eyebrow and eyelash
- Perfect for small sessions and patients in initial stages
- Less invasive – with no visible scarring in the donor area
- One should go for a test session of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) to see the transaction rate, and if it is low, he can go for a full session.